Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Mom is here

Well she made it thank God. She had to stay overnight in a hotel but we are so happy she got here on time - she brought me so many perfectly useful items for the trip - a great carryon bag, matching security type wallet, a warm coat, power converters and a laptop and a small camera and some comfortable warm boots. Everything is perfect! She's off with the kids now - don't know what I'd do without her.

Thanks to everyone for all of the support. Monique showed up last night just as I was freaking out about my mom's flight with a goody bag containing stress relief items - how timely! And Christy filled me a surcy (I think that's what she called it here in the south) which is a fabulous goody bag. The church that I have only minimally participated in is so kindly sending dinners while I'm gone. I cannot believe how much support I have gotten through all of this.

I just want to thank you all for the parting gifts, kind words, beautiful written cards, phone calls, emails, positive thoughts and engery you've sent my way. Although I may not have gotten back to you at this time, it means so much to me. Keep it coming!

I've checked in online and am going to finish some packing and maybe have time for a Valentines dinner with my husband.

2 comments:

Shelley said...

So how was your Valentines dinner with Dave? Did you end up actually ordering food? I am not a big drinker so lets just say I was up at 5am this morning because I have a stomach bug. I am still too naseaus (how do you spell that?)
to blog.

Cheryl said...

Valetine Drinks were fun! I don't feel so hot either.

Gotta finish packing more soon.