Monday, February 25, 2008

Day seven a little bit better than yesterday

After dinner last night I was feeling better by the hour. When I finally went to bed after watching an entire season of Sex and the City on DVD I couldnt believe how much better my back felt. I woke up feeling really great. Then after breakfast it went downhill. I was able to walked a little but I cannot sit at all. I type this from the computer in the lobby that is condusive to standing. Its continues to be just the low back pain. No leg issues. The incision is healing nicely, it hurts but as expected I believe. All of the doctors were in awe at how straight it is. Jean and I laugh constantly as we remember each of their faces as the bandage was removed and they admired the work. I could care less what that looks like at this point.

There is a mental side to this no doubt. Did I drink some adr kool-aid? Am I going to be able to take care of my kids? Its brutal but Jean is here to help me through it all with humor.

We really are taking it so slowly.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Cheryl,
I'm sorry for your pain, but glad to keep hearing from you, and glad that so far so good. Your positive attitude is surely helping a lot. I'm so glad you have Jean with you.
Best wishes, Mary Ellen

Anonymous said...

Take care and don't do too much, just as Dave says. He and the girls are great!
Love,
Mom

Anonymous said...

cheryl
hang in there kid. you will do fine :)
remember what mark and i stated slow and steady wins the race. YOU ONLY GET ONE CHANCE AT HEALING. please please listen to your body you will get to know pretty quickly. yes as i told you on the phone it is a roller coaster ride and will be very easy to over do it.
stay positive your on the correct path to recovery.
welcome to the other side.
hugs to both you and jean
chuck

Anonymous said...

Remember you are only day 7 post op. The fact that you are out of the hospital and even communicating with us is amazing to me. I think I'd be drinking lots of kool-aide!! Try to stop that pain before it starts. You are going to do fine at home too. Baby steps... one at a time and you will get there. We are all here waiting for you to return.

Anonymous said...

Cheryl,
Chucks words say it all. Listen to your body. Take your time and don't worry about a thing when you get back. You will have alot of help with the kids. Heck I will pop over and do a little cleaning here and there to get out of here. Plus will have kids over or just you if you need to get out of there. You can kick back on your fav sofa. You will be in good hands when you get back. Miss you!
Amber

Anonymous said...

Hi Cheryl!

I'm glad to hear your surgery went well. I'm sorry to hear about your pain, but I'm sure as time goes by it will lessen. If you need anything, let me know. Take care of yourself!

Lynn.