Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Day nine Post Op visit

We went to the Pro Spine Offices in Bogen today for my final check up. Dr. Fenk-Mayer examined me and said all was normal and as to be expected. She removed the bottom stitch and says the others will dissolve. The incision is healing nicely. She felt that the low back pain was normal inflammation from the surgery not discogenic. To me it feels exactly the same as the pain prior to surgery so I cannot help but worry that this did not work. Rationally, logically I know its early on but I worry anyway.

The rest of the day has been about the same eat, walk, rest,repeat.

We leave here on Sunday. The next few days will be more of the above in hopes that I can feel comfortable on the flight.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so glad the check up went well. I remember after a simple c-section thinking when will this pain stop...when will I be able to just get out of bed. Just a simple surgery like that took 3 weeks before I felt somewhat normal. Not to compare the two but your body has a lot more adjusting to do. Keep up with the pain meds if they aren't making you sick. Stay postive!!! You are a strong woman.

Anonymous said...

Cheryl,
It's easy to think that the pain may always be there and I know I will probably never go through anything like what you have been through but you won't feel normal for a few months. Even just getting a csection it took a couple of months before I felt ok. Just remember what your support group said. They have been there before. You will look back on this in a few months and be very happy!
Miss you!!
Amber

Anonymous said...

cheryl
i don't need to repeat my email to you. but listen to your friends and family.
they are all pulling for you.
and my offer still stands if you have trouble in philly.
please read that email over and over and remember that you are only out of a train wreak less than 2 weeks.
everything back there is mad inflamed
hang in there kids you have a lot of wonderful friends and family all praying and pulling for you.
you also had the best spine surgeon in the world doing your surgery.
i believe you can expect a very good end result if you just give it time.
hugs
chuck and bev

Anonymous said...

I concur 100% with Chuck.... If you haven't gotten tired of hearing it, slow and steady wins the race!

Keep up the good work!

David