Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Went to doctor today

I went to my family physician today for a follow up check up. I have had floaters in my eyes ever since the surgery. He checked that out and didn't find anything wrong with my retina. He recommended seeing an eye doctor if they are still there in a few weeks. I also had him look at my incision because when I stand up there is an egg sized lump at the top of it. He called it weakening of the muscle inside the abdominal wall. He didn't think it was a hernia or anything to worry about but he doesn't think it will go away completely . This lump has been there all along but its only noticeable when I stand up and look down or from the side view. And since the swelling from the incision is gone I think its more prominent now. I'll send a picture along to ProSpine tomorrow.

I spoke with both Chuck and David today - we all agreed that my perceived lack of progress is due to the fact that my disks were so degenerated and collapsed that my recovery will take time. I know its true but its hard to watch my family going on around me.

Geoff and Family - please see my response to your comment yesterday on the comment board.


Also, I may not be posting everyday now if there is nothing new. Don't want to bore you all!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You will probably hurt me for saying this...

Slow and steady wins the race!

You don't know where I physically live, do you? ;)

David

mmglobal said...

Cheryl,

I'm hoping to hear some good news. You may be surprised at how you can turn around... it's still way early in the process.

Take care, talk to you soon,

Mark