Monday, March 10, 2008

Week 3 Post Op Update

Today is three weeks exactly from surgery. I've been home for a week. The pain is getting better. It's more sore in the low back area than pain for now. I've walked about 15 minutes at a time without much pain just muscle soreness. My back does feel that if I did too much it would hurt again quickly though I haven't tested that theory. About 3 nights ago I did start getting what I call "weird leg shit". I believe the technical term is Distraction Pain :) Its not so much pain as it is something taking over my legs - much like what Restless Leg Syndrome must feel like. Its tingling, wanting to move and a general feeling that something large is inside my legs wanting to crawl out. My hands also have numbness on and off. The pain meds relieved it the first two nights but not last night. Overall though I can say that I've made progress on the low back pain front which is a good step because I wasn't so sure that was ever going to happen. I can sit for 10 minutes or so now without pain. That's alot longer than the nothing that I could do back at the hotel.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cheryl,
I am so happy to read about your progress. What an inspiration!
Hang in there.

Laura

mmglobal said...

Cheryl,

It was great to talk to you today. I sent your contact info to a GPN client who had abdominal issues after ADR and had similar difficulties getting follow-up. Hopefully, you'll hear from him soon as he'll give you a great deal of encouragement. He lives not too far from you and I connected him with the same doc too.

I know what you mean about the restless leg business... I've experienced it and hear similar descriptions frequently. Hopefully, your leg issues will blow over quickly.

Take care... talk to you soon,

Mark

Anonymous said...

Hi CHeryl,

Sounds like it is a slow go, but it will be worth it when you heal up. Thinking of you, Mary Ellen