Monday, March 3, 2008

Back Home Safe and Sound 2 weeks post op

We made it home safely last night. The flight was not a whole lot of fun but I got through it. Unfortunately we were on an older US Air plane that did not have the upgraded first class seats which fully recline. We had seen those seats on our flight to Germany so I expected thats what I'd have on the way back and it would've made a huge difference in my comfort level. I had that new seat on the short flight from philly to charlotte and it was great.

The girls waited up for me and it was great to see them.

I don't feel much worse for the wear today given that yeserday was so long. Dave took the day off and walked around the block with me. I got another one of those left groin pains so I had to lean on him to fininsh the walk. I sat on ice when I got home and feel okay. The weather is beautiful here today so I have been able to sit outside and relax.

Thanks everyone for all of your support. Thanks Chuck and David and Mark for holding my hand through this.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats on making in home!

Don't hesitate to contact me if you have any questions, concerns, or just want to talk about something...

David

Anonymous said...

good job cheryl
and it's no problem if you need anything besides a pound of hundreds free feel to call write yell what ever you like.
please remember listen to your body you will soon have days you will feel like you can do anything thats the sign to slow down. please no set backs.
meeting your mom and husband dave and jean.
jean has been a major hero in all this. hats off to jean. very good job on everyones part.
slow and steady wins the race.
best wishes
chuck

mmglobal said...

Cheryl, I'm so glad to hear that you are home and that the trip didn't set you back (as it often does.)

You triggered my memory about the groin pain. For a few weeks after my surgery, I got similar pains... they would just take my breath away. For me, they always seemed to happen when I transitioned from sitting to standing or vice versa. I asked my local doctor about them and he said that patients with anterior fusions often experience this as well. For me, they stopped after a couple of weeks and I hope to hear the same from you..

Must be great to be home... all the best.

Mark

PS... did your family notice how much taller you are?

Anonymous said...

By the way, I think that I have neglected to mention....

Welcome to the other side! ;)

David