Wednesday, May 7, 2008

11 weeks post op - Dr. appt in the AM

I have been going to Physical Therapy three times a week for my NECK!!!! Its so ironic. We do some small core strengthening after we've worked my neck but not much. The terrible spasms have subsided but I cannot sleep without muscle relaxers. I am just in shock that this has happened. Surgery on lumbar spine and now I have neck problems which I never had before.

I go to the doctor tomorrow morning and am requesting (demanding if needed) an MRI on my neck. I need to know if there is degeneration there. If it shows nothing then I will have patience that this is going to work itself out over time.

I can barely comment on my low spine because it seems better, sore but not as painful as prior to surgery. However, I have remained so limited in my activity levels its hard to tell where its really at right now.

I will update after the doctor tomorrow. I have to miss Muffins for Mom at my daughters preschool because these appts are so hard to comeby. Luckily I have a dear friend taking her but I do hate how much this has interfered with my family life.

I will finally return to my part time customer service job in June which although I am looking forward to it, will be quite a challenge to sit at the computer as long as may be required.


More tomorrow.

No comments: