Thursday, May 8, 2008

Doctor says its bad genes

I saw the doctor this morning. He xrayd my neck which shows some degeneration at C5-C6 but he doesn't think that is the source of the pain. He feels that is consistent for my age. I'll have an MRI on May 27th which may or may not give us some more insight. If that is inconclusive then he'll order an EMG. He firmly believes that the low back surgery had NOTHING to do with my neck problem. He says its purely coincidental. The bottom line is that he says I have bad back genes.
I am trying so hard to keep positive that this will go away but actually hearing that its unrelated to the surgery has made it harder to believe that.

I follow up with him on June 5th so we'll see where that gets us.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi Cheryl...I am so sorry you are having to deal with neck issues right now. It seems so unfair! I hope the MRI gives you some more answers. I have been thinking about you. Wish I could come by and give you a hug!