Sunday, May 25, 2008

14 Weeks Post Op - Worse than pre surgery

I just forced myself to walk around the block. My low back is about as bad as it was presurgery -severe pain on the left side. My low back feels like its gone downhill in the past few weeks. I can't say its because I've overdone it because I haven't done much due to my neck pain. So that is really discouraging. My neck is horrible and continues to burn.

I made a macaroni salad for a cookout we are going to later and it took everything I had to do that. I was out of breath , my neck was burning. And yes, we could go to the store to buy it but my girls have been asking for the kind that I make it and I enjoy making it. Its as if I want to prove to myself that I can do something, anything small. But the sad part is that I really can't.

Its also awful because I look absolutely fine. I think its hard for anyone to understand especially if they didn't know me before this all began. I don't want sympathy, I just wish it was more understandable.

My mom is going to take the two littlest girls for the next several weeks. I had to tell my job that I cannot work. These are not decisions that I made lightly - these are horrible choices to have to make. Accepting that I cannot do my job at home with the kids or at work.

This is as much a journal for myself now so that I can chronicle the pain and hopefully look back at this and read that I've made improvements.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have you discussed your situation with Dr B?

Cheryl said...

Anonymous -

Yes I have talked with them.

Who are you?


Cheryl

Anonymous said...

Hi Cheryl, hope you get better, my best wishes as I fully understand your problems.

I have L4-L5 reduced disc height and L5-S1 protrusion of disc.
I was thinking of going into surgery in Pro-Spine but I don't know how much is going to cost me.
Can you give me some info on costs of surgery please?

Thanks.